About Studios at Porter Mill

Porter Mill was first occupied in 1895 and was associated with Beverly’s famous shoe industry. Through the years the building housed Decoron Plastics, Superior Hat Company, Superior Real Estate, Criterion Shoe Company, Lion Leather and Plastic, and Porter Sewing Machine Corporation.

Today, the building is home to fifty ceramicists, jewelers, musicians, painters, printmakers, photographers and more. The gallery hosts monthly rotating exhibits featuring the work of Porter Mill artists as well as artists from the community.