On Tuesday, June 29, Beverly Main Streets is launching a new summer social media promotion called “Great Plates Beverly” to support Beverly restaurants. Beverly Main Streets and Harborlight Community Partners developed this program together. Beverly Rotary Club, Beverly Kiwanis, the Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce and the City of Beverly Race Equity Task Force are partners in this program.
Why do restaurants need your help? Restaurants are still struggling to recover from the business that was lost during covid restrictions. Beverly restaurants have already closed and some are still at risk of closing. They need your continued business now more than ever. You might think your favorite restaurant is doing okay, but most likely they are fighting to keep the doors open and struggling with debt that was incurred when they were forced to close due to restrictions.
Why are we promoting this on Tuesdays? Tuesday is usually the slowest day of the week for restaurants, which is why we picked that day. We know that not all restaurants have re-opened yet on Tuesday, but most are open. On Tuesdays throughout the summer, we will be posting on social media with the tag #greatplatesbev to share more about Great Plates Beverly.
What restaurants? The program will support ALL of Beverly’s restaurants, including the downtown area.
Want to win a gift card? You can be a part of Great Plates Beverly, help support restaurants and you could win a gift card to a Beverly restaurant!
- When you’re dining out any day of the week, please tell your server that you’re there to support Great Plates Beverly
- Take a photo of your meal before you dig in
- Tag your photo of your purchase on your social media with #greatplatesbev AND upload your photo using our online form
- Every week, we’ll randomly pick a winner who will be mailed a $25 gift card to a Beverly restaurant
- The chance to win a gift card is open to anyone who patronizes Beverly restaurants, you do not need to live in Beverly
- You can eat out and enter any day of the week (any purchase at any time of the day is great!)
- There is no limit to the number of times you can post or enter
- Please note the gift certificates have not been donated, we are purchasing them to help support the restaurants
Winners so far….
- Announced on 7/6 – Julie
- Winner for 7/12 – Ann
- Announced on 7/20 – Sandy
- Next winner – stay tuned!