We understand that making a volunteer commitment is a big step. We value and appreciate every one of our volunteers, and we strive to make sure that you are getting something valuable in return for your time. We try to meet each potential volunteer before commitments are made so we have a chance to find out directly from you where your interests lie and how they might align with our needs.
There are two ways to volunteer:
- Meet monthly and oversee a wide variety of initiatives (economic development, design / planning, promotions, fundraising, etc)
- Most volunteers make a long-term commitment (1 year or more) so they can see the work through to completion
- Committees require a combination of people who have expertise in the area being worked on and people who have an interest but might not consider themselves experts in the area
- We host several major events throughout the year that require two types of volunteers: those who can help plan and manage the event and those who can volunteer on the day of the event
- We need volunteers who can dive into the details and follow-through on making connections
- Event teams typically meet once a month until a few months before the event when they start to meet bi-weekly
- There are often easy things to be done in between the meetings (like put up lawn signs or listen to bands)
- On the day of the event, we need volunteers who can be on hand for a minimum 2-hour shift
If you’d like to volunteer, please email Gin Wallace to set up a time to meet!